We have many clients who will visit our store and talk with us about the energy of their home.
Some feel that the energy is
To name a few.
Some are often quite scared of this energy and fearful they have a negative “spirit” energy in the house. For the general home occupier we have found that the heaviness is “Stagnate Qi”.
One way to remove Stagnate Qi is with a method called smudging.
The principle of smudging is to use intention and smoke to move the stuck Qi from within the home, furniture and the people living within the home.
To Smudge your home, you will need:
• A bowl of sand
• A feather or smudge wand
• A smudge stick – particularly good is the white sage smudge stick for its purity OR
• White sage leaves OR
• Bay leaves – this is one of my favourites
• A lighter
• Your intention cards
o These are the words of your intention that you will speak or recite in your mind during the smudging process.Make sure that these words are positive
Make sure it is recited with the words included “For my highest Good”
Ensure that while speaking your intention that you are in a great frame of mind and that your intention if a positive energy.
How to Smudge:
There are many versions to how to smudge and the process to clear your home or area with smudging. One area of debate is whether you should shower and clear your own energy first before starting the house smudge or at the end when you are finished.
I have found many of our clients work both ways with those who cleanse before they smudge feeling they have a clearer intention to work in the home with those cleansing after they smudge feeling that they have cleared the home, themselves and they can then enjoy the new energy more fully.
I personally find that clearing my own energy with a great aura spray first then the home and a shower cleanse afterwards is my best method for me.
• Open all the windows and doors to your home or the area you are smudging.
• Light the end of your smudge stick and keep over your bowl so that no smoulders will fall on any of your flooring or furniture.
• Use your feather or smudge wand (available in our store) to move the smoke into the corners of the room and around the windows and doors of your home.
• Work each room – one by one and thoroughly smudge as you are going.
• Work your way in a clock wise motion around the home.
• In areas that you feel particularly heavy – you may like to spend more time and work the area a couple of times.
• Once finished stub the end of the stick into you bowl of sand and place outside. I also have a garden pot with soil that is my Smudge Pot and once finished it is into the soil and I leave it there for further use if it still has plenty on the stick.
• If you have used leaves be sure to extinguish them well so that they do not relight. The Smudge Pot is good for this as I can place the sand or soil over the leaves and know that they will not fly away.
I also find that once finished with smudging and cleansing the home, that I do a short mediation around my intentions for the home and just sit with the home for a short 5 – 10mins to soak up the beautiful energy we have created.
If you have smudged and found that you still have and area of your home that feels heavy and you are unsure about the energy there, then please contact me and I would love to speak with you on a more personal Space Clearing method that she uses for this type of energy.
Leanne & The Feng Shui Team